Vacancy Announcement: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer
Position Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer
Location: This position will be based in Belgrade, Serbia. Regular travel to areas outside Belgrade is required.
Overview: PartnersGlobal is an international, non-governmental organization, with 30 years of experience, that has worked to strengthen civil society and community groups, promote human rights, and advance transparency and accountability. Partners operates in multiple regions including the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), Africa, and Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) regions. Partners has helped capacitate and incubate over 21 local independent Centers, creating a network of local sustainable Centers specialized in civil society leadership and development, accountable governance, inclusive communities, and sustainable environmental and economic development.
Vacancy opportunity: PartnersGlobal is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Of icer to support the implementation of an upcoming five-year project on civil society resiliency, focusing on working with local Serbian organizations in enhancing their resiliency and ability to resist and respond to external and internal threats. The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer will work under the supervision of the Chief of Party and will be directly responsible for overseeing the implementation of Partners’ MEL plan, working alongside Partners colleagues, consortium subcontractors, and implementing partners to design and facilitate MEL processes and activities and contribute to MEL data verification, analysis, and reporting to USAID.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
●Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Develop and implement M&E systems for PartnersGlobal project; identify obstacles to implementation and recommend appropriate solutions.
● Support and lead in the development of annual MEL plans as per USAID regulations.
● Attend the project activities and trainings and work with the project team to monitor them properly; this includes creating evaluation tools, collecting data firsthand from partners/beneficiaries and analyzing the collected data.
● Support the program team in creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of the various project activities.
● Collaborate with the project team on appropriate data collection methods, tools, and reporting formats and prepare the M&E frameworks.
● Identify MEL bottlenecks and propose feasible solutions and recommendations to Program Team.
● Write reports, analyze findings, and provide recommendations as required for project planning, performance management, and reporting.
● Undertake field-monitoring missions to assess progress of the project implementation using monitoring and evaluation tools and methodologies.
● Participate in periodic review and planning meetings, generating minutes and lessons learnt documents and discuss results of data and plan action steps to build on strengths and address the weaknesses.
● Support the project team in conducting field assessments and surveys.
● Develop close working relationships with all project partners, participants, and stakeholders.
● Conduct qualitative and quantitative field monitoring and verification of project implementation.
● Provide the Project team with the needed paperwork to help better planning, monitor and control the activities.
● Work closely with the program team to ensure the project success through documenting relevant success stories.
● Any other related duties assigned by the Project Team to ensure program success.
● At least 3 years of experience in the design and implementation of MEL activities implemented by national/international NGOs.
● Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis, and production of reports.
● Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
● Strong research and analytical skills.
● Experience in planning and managing surveys.
● Demonstrated experience with training and capacity-building.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office package (i.e., Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). Proficiency in SPSS not required but preferred.
● Proficiency in written and spoken English and Serbian
How to Apply?
If you are interested in this position, send your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “MEL Officer” in the subject line.
Deadline for Applications: 5 April 2022