Vacancy Announcement: Project Coordinator
Position Title: Project Coordinator
Location: This position will be based in Belgrade, Serbia. Regular travel to areas outside Belgrade is required.
Overview: PartnersGlobal is an international, non-governmental organization, with 30 years of experience, that has worked to strengthen civil society and community groups, promote human rights, and advance transparency and accountability. Partners operates in multiple regions including the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), Africa, and Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) regions. Partners has helped capacitate and incubate over 21 local independent Centers, creating a network of local sustainable Centers specialized in civil society leadership and development, accountable governance, inclusive communities, and sustainable environmental and economic development.
Vacancy opportunity: PartnersGlobal is seeking a Project Coordinator to support the implementation of an upcoming five-year project on civil society resiliency, focusing on working with local Serbian organizations in enhancing their resiliency and ability to resist and respond to external and internal threats.The Project Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Chief of Party and the project’s Belgrade-based staff. The position also serves as the Belgrade office manager, overseeing office procurement, logistics, and events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Lead project office management, including operational, administrative, and human resources responsibilities in line with PartnersGlobal and USAID policies and procedures.● Manage basic operations of the Belgrade office and staff, including files and record management, office inventory and maintenance, implementation of operational policies and procedures, correspondence, and related tasks.
● Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, coordinate expatriate and local staff travel, incident reporting, and security management, ensuring all appropriate documentation is in place and communicated in a timely manner.
● Oversee administrative support of the project and its activities, such as event management, scheduling, travel arrangements, and related tasks.
● In coordination with finance and program staff, support procurement of goods and services in compliance with PartnersGlobal and USAID regulations.
● In coordination with the designated DC Program Manager, oversee all national staff recruitment, documentation, and orientation; ensure performance appraisals
are completed in a timely manner; and suggest revisions to scope of work (SOW) or Job Descriptions, as needed.
● Other administrative-related tasks as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree required.
● One to three years in international development or project management experience and/or familiarity with USAID-funded projects required.
● Previous administrative experience, preferably with a USAID-funded project.
● Outstanding written and oral communication skills
● Excellent interpersonal skills
● Well-organized, attentive to detail, skills in setting priorities and meeting deadlines, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
● Works well independently and in terms; pro-active in anticipating work requirements and problem solving
● Mastery of Microsoft Office (spreadsheets, database use, and presentation software)
● Fluency in Serbian required. Written and verbal fluency in English required.
How to Apply?
If you are interested in this position, send your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com quoting “Project Coordinator” in the subject line.
Deadline for Applications: 5 April 2022